20 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies; Oreos
(about half of an 18-ounce package)
2 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon peppermint flavoring-can omit if you don’t like mint
- Line a 9-inch-square baking pan with waxed paper. Coat the paper with nonstick spray; set it aside or use Parchment paper and no need to spray. Pour the cookies into a large Ziplock bag and break up with your hands into small pieces
Melt the semisweet chips — in a large microwave-safe bowl according to the package directions (add the extract after the chips have melted).
- Remove from the microwave and quickly fold in the cookie pieces with a spatula.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and spread to about a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Refrigerate until solid, about 45 minutes, so it’s easy to cut.
- Remove the bark from the pan and carefully peel off the waxed paper. Set the bark on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the bark into 12 bars for wrapping or 24 triangles for boxing as shown above.
- Store in an airtight container in the frig.
To DOUBLE the recipe: use three 12 oz. packages of chocolate chips and one whole package of regular Oreos (18 oz) for a double recipe. It makes four dozen triangles.
Call Now For A Consultation